“It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the
world. If we are to respect others religions as we would have respect our own. A friendly study
of the world’s religions is a sacred duty.”
Mohandas K. Gandhi
In modern world history, we strive to understand why events have happened so that we can better understand our present and the future. Throughout history, belief in a certain religion has affected the political, social, economic, and intellectual life of the believers.
In order to make a better world for all of us to live in we need to:
· Appreciate the diversity that other religious groups contribute to society.
· Understand the similarities and differences between other religions and our own.
· Learn about the religious beliefs and practices of others.
· Recognize the various contributions made to society by different religious groups.
· Recognize each religion’s existence as part of the religious mosaic of the world.
· Allow people of all religions equal rights.