Pray a little more, work a little harder, save, wait, be patient and, most of all, live within our means. That's the American way. It's not spending ourselves into prosperity or taxing ourselves into prosperity.
It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.
I'm in this wonderful place of life, where everything I'm doing is something I do because I enjoy it.
A leader is the one who can outline the broad vision and the direction, and say here's where we are going to go, here's why we need to go there, and here's how we are going to get there. A manager is the one who actually gets up under the hood and tunes the carburetor.
I wish we would all remember that being American is not just about the freedom we have; it is about those who gave it to us.
Michael Dale "Mike" Huckabee was born on August 24, 1955. He is an American politician, Christian minister, author, and commentator who served as the 44th governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007. He is a candidate for U.S. president in the 2016 election and was a candidate in the 2008 United States Republican presidential primaries. He won the 2008 Iowa Republican caucuses and finished second in delegate count and third in both popular vote and number of states won, behind nominee John McCain and Mitt Romney.
When it comes to education, the Obama Administration is lost at sea. We must shift power back to state and local governments. In my ten years as governor, I fought for parents, students and local control. The rising cost of college also threatens middle class families, students and the American dream. For too many, college is where students discover mountains of debt — but not a lifelong career. We must tackle the establishment and reform our colleges and universities so they make sense for the jobs of tomorrow. I also oppose Common Core and believe we should abolish the federal department of education. We must kill Common Core and restore common sense.
America has an immigration crisis on its hands, and it’s time for the federal government to do its job. Without a secure border, nothing matters. We have drug cartels running reckless on our southern border, and the Washington establishment wants to reward illegal immigrants with amnesty and citizenship. As President, I will: Reject President Obama's unconstitutional executive orders, Oppose amnesty and Secure the border now. If you reward people who play outside the rules and punish people who live within the rules, pretty soon nobody is going to play by the rules. We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws.
Americans spend upwards of $1 trillion each year complying with our 75,000-page tax code that is so confusing and complex, our government cannot explain it. Instead of tinkering with the tax code, we need a tax revolution that helps every hard-working American and eliminates the IRS once and for all.
We need the FairTax.
We need the FairTax.
- The FairTax brings trillions of dollars in offshore investment and manufacturing back to the United States - creating millions of good jobs for American workers.
- The FairTax is the only plan that lowers everyone's tax rates, untaxes the poor, broadens the tax base, and helps protect Social Security and Medicare.
- The FairTax is the only plan that guarantees criminals, illegal immigrants, and all who operate in the underground economy pay their fair share - not just hard working Americans who play by the rules.
- The FairTax is the only plan that guarantees Washington bureaucrats don't have access to your personal financial information.
In a world of uncertainty, evil, and moral insanity, Israel is a shining light of moral clarity. The enemies of Israel are the enemies of America. Sadly, this Administration spends more time berating Israel for building houses in the lands given to Abraham than telling the Iranians to stop building bombs pointed at us.
As President, I will:
As President, I will:
- Stand with the Jewish people in our shared fight against Radical Islam.
- Support a unified Jerusalem.
- Confront and stop Iran—this Administration’s willingness to trust Iran and undermine Israel is unprecedented and wrong.
- Support Israel in the fight for peace, religious freedom, and human rights.
VOTE FOR LEXIE/NIRA AS MIKE HUCKABEE
FLY LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STING LIKE A HUCKABEE
Jesus said, 'Blessed are the peacemakers.' And I think a lot of people don't understand that there's a difference between a peace lover and a peacemaker. Everybody loves peace, but wearing jewelry around your neck and saying 'I love peace' doesn't bring it.