Who is Hillary Clinton?
Hillary Diane Clinton was born Hillary Diane Rodham on October 26, 1947, in Chicago, Illinois. Hillary Rodham was the eldest daughter of Hugh Rodham, a prosperous fabric store owner, and Dorothy Emma Howell Rodham; she has two younger brothers, Hugh Jr. and Anthony. She attended Yale university where she earned her law degree. She later married law school graduate Bill Clinton in 1975. She then served as first lady from 1993 to 2001, and then as a U.S. senator from 2001 to 2009. After this election she was led to becoming the first american lady to win a public office seat. Hillary clinton also became the 67th U.S. secretary of state. Later , Hillary Clinton built herself up to become the presidential nominee of a major political party in 2016.
"If we claim we are for family, then we have to pull together and resolve the outstanding issues around our broken immigration system. The American people support comprehensive immigration reform not just because it’s the right thing to do—and it is—but because they know it strengthens families, strengthens our economy, and strengthens our country. … We can’t wait any longer for a path to full and equal citizenship. "
As president, Hillary will:
- Introduce comprehensive immigration reform.
- End the three- and 10-year bars.
- Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks.
- Do everything possible under the law to protect families.
- Enforce immigration laws humanely.
- End family detention and close private immigration detention centers.
- Expand access to affordable health care to all families.
- Promote naturalization.
- Support immigrant integration.